Automated Investing

MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS

Berkshire Hathaway acquires insurance company Alleghany for $11.6B

Berkshire Hathaway said on March 21 that it had agreed to buy insurance company Alleghany for $11.6 billion (equivalent to 848.02 USD/stock) in cash.  This valuation is 1.26 times the book value of Alleghany as of December 31, 2021, and 16% higher than the average stock price in 30 most recent sessions.  The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.

Berkshire Hathaway said on March 21 that it had agreed to buy insurance company Alleghany for $11.6 billion (equivalent to 848.02 USD/stock) in cash.  This valuation is 1.26 times the book value of Alleghany as of December 31, 2021, and 16% higher than the average stock price in 30 most recent sessions.  The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.

Read more

AMAZON ACQUIRES MGM STUDIOS FOR $8.45B

On March 17, Amazon announced that it successfully  acquires MGM Studios for $8.45 billion, the studio behind legendary movie brands like James Bond and Rocky.  With this acquisition, Amazon starts to join competition with other streaming platforms such as Netflix, HBO GO, etc.

On March 17, Amazon announced that it successfully  acquires MGM Studios for $8.45 billion, the studio behind legendary movie brands like James Bond and Rocky.  With this acquisition, Amazon starts to join competition with other streaming platforms such as Netflix, HBO GO, etc.

Read more

AD5

WHAT ARE GLOBAL M&A TRENDS 2022?

Following 2021 with impressive numbers of 62,000 deals globally, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities are forecast to continue to grow strongly in 2022, despite market fluctuations. PwC's latest report on Global M&A Trends 2022 outlines the main reasons behind this optimism including 130 large-scale transactions worth over 5 billion USD.

Following 2021 with impressive numbers of 62,000 deals globally, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities are forecast to continue to grow strongly in 2022, despite market fluctuations. PwC\'s latest report on Global M&A Trends 2022 outlines the main reasons behind this optimism including 130 large-scale transactions worth over 5 billion USD.

Read more

CHINA'S M&A CONCENTRATES IN EUROPE

According to Baker McKenzie and Rhodium Group’s survey, China's mergers and acquisitions last year concentrated in Europe instead of the United States. 
 

According to Baker McKenzie and Rhodium Group’s survey, China\'s mergers and acquisitions last year concentrated in Europe instead of the United States. 
 

Read more

AD6

Korea Retail News: Lotte acquires Japan’s Ministop

Lotte Company in Korea is about to acquire Ministop, a member of retail group Aeon (Japan). The deal worth about 30.4 billion yen ($267 million).

Lotte Company in Korea is about to acquire Ministop, a member of retail group Aeon (Japan). The deal worth about 30.4 billion yen ($267 million).

Read more

Asia's Richest Billionaire acquires Mandarin Oriental New York hotel

Billionaire Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries group has announced the acquisition of the parent company of Mandarin Oriental New York hotel for more than $98 million.

Billionaire Mukesh Ambani\'s Reliance Industries group has announced the acquisition of the parent company of Mandarin Oriental New York hotel for more than $98 million.

Read more

AD7

Selfridges sold to Austrian-Thai alliance in £4B deal

Fashion chain Selfridges will be sold to the alliance between Austrian real estate company Signa Group and Thai’s Central Group in a deal worths about 4 billion pounds.

Fashion chain Selfridges will be sold to the alliance between Austrian real estate company Signa Group and Thai’s Central Group in a deal worths about 4 billion pounds.

Read more

Global M&A in 2021 exceeds $5 trillion

According to Dealogic data, the value of global M&A deals crossed the $5 trillion mark for the first time, with volume increasing by 63 % to $5,630 billion, as of December 16, 2021.

Total volume of M&A deals in the US nearly doubled to $2,610 billion in 2021. Similar deals in Europe also increased by 47% to $1,260 billion while the Asia-Pacific region saw M&A transaction value increase by 37% to $1,270 billion.

According to Dealogic data, the value of global M&A deals crossed the $5 trillion mark for the first time, with volume increasing by 63 % to $5,630 billion, as of December 16, 2021.

Total volume of M&A deals in the US nearly doubled to $2,610 billion in 2021. Similar deals in Europe also increased by 47% to $1,260 billion while the Asia-Pacific region saw M&A transaction value increase by 37% to $1,270 billion.

Read more

Coca-Cola takes over sports drink brand BodyArmor for $5.6B

It is reported that Coca-Cola is preparing to take full control of sports drink maker BodyArmor in a $5.6 billion acquisition deal.

Coca-Cola holds a 30% stake in BodyArmor.  Coca-Cola's purchase of the remaining 70% shares from BodyArmor's founders and investors will help increase the company's value to about $8 billion.

It is reported that Coca-Cola is preparing to take full control of sports drink maker BodyArmor in a $5.6 billion acquisition deal.

Coca-Cola holds a 30% stake in BodyArmor.  Coca-Cola\'s purchase of the remaining 70% shares from BodyArmor\'s founders and investors will help increase the company\'s value to about $8 billion.

Read more

IBM acquires McDonald's McD Tech Labs

The US technology giant - IBM has announced the acquisition of McD Tech Labs from McDonald's, the world's largest restaurant company, to further accelerate the development and implementation of automated order taking technology (AOT) on markets.

The US technology giant - IBM has announced the acquisition of McD Tech Labs from McDonald\'s, the world\'s largest restaurant company, to further accelerate the development and implementation of automated order taking technology (AOT) on markets.

Read more

PayPal is about to buy Pinterest for $39B

It is said that PayPal is in final-stage negotiations to acquire social media company Pinterest.

It is said that PayPal is in final-stage negotiations to acquire social media company Pinterest.

Read more

Sony sells mobile games business for $1B

Sony Corporation is selling its mobile games business to Scopely, an American mobile game developer, for about $1 billion.

Sony Corporation is selling its mobile games business to Scopely, an American mobile game developer, for about $1 billion.

Read more

SumUp spends $317M to acquire Fivestars

PayPal's competitor - SumUp spends $317 million to acquire an American payments startup Fivestars to expand operations in the US market and aim to compete with giants like PayPal and Square.

PayPal\'s competitor - SumUp spends $317 million to acquire an American payments startup Fivestars to expand operations in the US market and aim to compete with giants like PayPal and Square.

Read more

M&A market may reach $6 trillion by the end of the year

It is reported that value of M&A deals globally could reach $6 trillion by the end of this year as businesses continue to take advantage of cheap capital and opportunity to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.

It is reported that value of M&A deals globally could reach $6 trillion by the end of this year as businesses continue to take advantage of cheap capital and opportunity to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.

Read more

Grab acquires 90% of Indonesia's OVO e-wallet shares

Singapore's super app Grab has taken 90% ownership of Indonesia's OVO e-payment service, acquiring shares from Tokopedia and local conglomerate Lippo Group as part of OVO's ownership restructuring.

Singapore\'s super app Grab has taken 90% ownership of Indonesia\'s OVO e-payment service, acquiring shares from Tokopedia and local conglomerate Lippo Group as part of OVO\'s ownership restructuring.

Read more

The US private investment firm CD&R acquires Morrisons with $9.5B deal

The US private investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) has won the UK’s Morrisons supermarket chain auction with a bid of £7 billion ($9.5 billion).

The US private investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) has won the UK’s Morrisons supermarket chain auction with a bid of £7 billion ($9.5 billion).

Read more

Copyright © Palagabel. All rights reserved. The Content may not be copied, distributed,  republished, uploaded, posted or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of Palagabel.